Saturday, February 2, 2008

Is this supposed to be so much fun?

While doing some latenight sewing - in preparation for this art/craft show this weekend, I realized again that I do this because I really love to make stuff :) I'm sure there are people who make things simply because they need the cash, but I seriously, love making things. For instance...
I was sewing this bag...

I was using some scraps of shiny green fabric I had in my stash, and this sweet print from Ikea... and I was making some rather large pockets, when it struck me, that maybe they needed a little pen pocket as well. So, I sewed 2 lines down the center, instead of 1, and voila - pen pocket. Honestly, it's moments like that where I think "yeah, I just thought of that!!" :) I know other people have made pen pockets before, it's just the actual moment of thinking something, then creating it, just because you can... gets me all excited!
Here's a closer look at those pockets...


All in all, I'd say, I really love this bag. Yes, to answer your question, I sometimes make stuff just because I think "someone will like this" - but mostly I just make things that I really like.... what's the point otherwise?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

so beautiful!!!!I love everything you make