Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sneak Peek

I found this at a fabulous second hand sale...


Funny thing is, I'm not even sure what it is. It is definitely made of seriously cool polyester squares, from previously loved clothing... but it's not a quilt. Well, at least, it's not a quilt that you would put on a bed... or a lap... or anything else I could think of. Maybe it once warmed the back of a couch? It is the only thing I can think of that would require such a long, skinny, quilt.
Whatever it once was, I know what it will be next!! And then the cycle will be complete... or will it?! Just think - all those clothes, from so many people - were then turned into a quilt... and will now be turned again - upcycled, if you will, re-used. :)

I'm not telling what I'm making with it, but I do know where you'll be able to see my recycling efforts:


Craft o copia - The White Pine, downtown Nampa. There will be a group of artists each night, I'll be there Friday evening. But feel free to stop by each night, and start your Christmas shopping before it gets crazy!

Later!

No comments: